PALO ALTO, CA–(Marketwired – November 07, 2016) – VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced that it has been positioned as a leader in the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Virtual Client Computing Software 2016 Vendor Assessment (doc # US40700016, November 2016).” The report evaluated 8 vendors based on criteria that spans across strategies and capabilities. VMware was recognized for the second consecutive year for having the most complete mix of business and solution strategies and capabilities for delivering virtual desktops and applications through its VMware Horizon® portfolio of solutions and services that includes VMware Horizon® 7, Horizon Air™, Horizon FLEX™ and VMware App Volumes™.
According to the IDC MarketScape report, “In the reference survey we found that the top 2 reasons customers stated for choosing VMware’s VCC solutions was that its pricing/offer was competitive and the perception that its products had better capabilities. As to reference perceptions of the company as compared to its peers, VMware generally rated higher than average in all 9 areas.”
“VMware leads the app and desktop virtualization market. We believe receiving recognition for the second year in a row as a worldwide leader in virtual client computing with the most complete mix of business and solution strategies and capabilities is a testament to VMware’s continuous focus on solving customer challenges, offering quality solutions, and delivering innovative products,” said Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “This accomplishment is the outcome of a dedicated team in the VMware End-User Computing business unit and their dynamic spirit. As businesses continue to transform into digital enterprises, they have an industry-leading solution in VMware Horizon that is consumer simple and enterprise secure to help modernize desktop and application delivery and management to offer to their mobile workforce.”
VMware Horizon continues to be the solution of choice among customers and partners. Innovations that have been introduced since the beginning of calendar year 2016 include:
- Advancements in Horizon 7 including unparalleled speed in delivering just-in-time stateless desktops using Instant Clone technology, App Volumes and User Management — significantly driving down the cost to deliver virtual applications and desktops
- A new solution, VMware Horizon Air Hybrid Mode to simplify desktop delivery using a single cloud-based control plane to manage on-premises hyper-converged infrastructure appliances.
- An expanded cloud partnership with IBM that delivers Horizon Air services on the IBM Cloud for deployments at cloud scale and speed.
- A new Blast protocol purpose-built for mobile and cloud networks for H.264 devices, increased performance with up to 6x reduction in bandwidth, and an expanding list of validated thin and zero clients.
- Expanded support for RDS hosted apps, with the addition of 16 new features including target platform support for EPIC 2015
- Integration with VMware Workspace™ ONE™ to deliver secure digital workspaces that integrates Horizon with EMM and identity management technologies
The product innovations and partnerships with industry-leaders uniquely enable VMware to offer customers a best-in-class solution to help manage the synergies between desktop and mobile computing, managed and unmanaged devices, and physical and virtual strategies.
To access an excerpt of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Virtual Client Computing, Software 2016 Vendor Assessment” report, visit: www.vmware.com/go/IDC-desktop.
- Read a blog post about VMware’s position in the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Virtual Client Computing Software 2016 Vendor Assessment”
- Learn more about the VMware Horizon portfolio of solutions and services
- Follow VMware Horizon on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
VMware (NYSE: VMW), a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, helps customers accelerate their digital transformation. VMware enables enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT with VMware Cross-Cloud Architecture™ and solutions for the data center, mobility, and security. With 2015 revenues of $6.6 billion, VMware is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide.
VMware, Horizon, Horizon Air, Horizon FLEX, App Volumes, VMware Workspace, Workspace ONE, and Cross-Cloud Architecture are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
By clicking on the included links, you are linking to a non-VMware, Inc. website that is operated by a third party, and to information prepared by such third party, which is solely responsible for its contents.