High initial infrastructure costs and scalability have always been huge obstacles for the video streaming business, leading to a situation where video offerings can perish not just from lack of success but also if they are too successful. In the past, the enormous peaks in bandwidth and storage demand caused dramatic increases in IT costs or even made the service completely unusable – but this era is finally past.
Siemens Convergence Creators announces the availability of its powerful video management solution “Smart Video Engine” as an all-in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud solution. Siemens Convergence Creators went beyond simply making its components available in the cloud. Now the entire architecture has been refactored and optimized for AWS as Niko Mykkanen, Head of Alliances AWS EMEA describes: “The outcome of our close collaboration over the last year on a technical and strategic level will allow customers to benefit from one of the most scalable, secure and reliable OTT solutions in the market.”
The architecture of the Smart Video Engine is completely based on independent and distributed micro services. As a core component of the technology stack, Docker maximizes the portability of the applications across different environments. This enables a rapid, fully-automated, and continuous delivery process. The Smart Video Engine’s high availability and auto-scaling approach is based on the Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS), an AWS container management service that supports Docker containers. By leveraging ECS, the Docker cluster capacity as well as the number of running containers are automatically scaled based on demand. This guarantees the right balance of provisioned and used computing capacity.
With the move to the AWS Cloud, the Smart Video Engine can be installed in hours and its operational costs are reduced by 50 percent. For providers of video offerings, this shifts a substantial portion of their investments to the operational phase, where revenues are already covering expenses. With the Smart Video Engine on AWS, the initial costs are reduced to a minimum, enabling businesses to move their CAPEX model to an OPEX model and take their solutions to market faster.
- Lower operational costs: Customers benefit from the economies of scale and efficiency provided by AWS, as they only pay for the resources they use.
- OpEx instead of CapEx: Customers can start a video platform on AWS with no upfront costs or long-term commitment.
- Scalability and elasticity: Users can have their capacity scale up or down automatically and get on-demand access to virtually unlimited storage and network capacity.
- Agility and speed: Users can launch their streaming platform offering in hours or days instead of months.
- Security and durability: The AWS technology services comply with industry-recognized certifications, translating into proven security and durability.
- Innovative and future proof: Choosing Siemens Convergence Creators’ OTT solution, means making a future-oriented technology decision and benefiting from a Docker- and AWS-based solution architecture.
About the Smart Video Engine
The Smart Video Engine is Siemens Convergence Creators’ online video platform that powers OTT and TV everywhere businesses operating worldwide and maximizes revenue streams for the valuable content of video service providers. It offers maximum flexibility for business models, product bundling, and content packaging.
The Smart Video Engine’s advanced data analysis and recommendations provide sophisticated business intelligence and monetization options.
Its unparalleled modular, unbound, and open design allows for systems ranging from end-to-end solutions to best-in-breed ecosystem integration.
For more information about the Smart Video Engine, please visit www.smart-video-engine.com