IDGEFIELD PARK, N.J. – November 10, 2016 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a global leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, semiconductors and telecommunications, today announced that it has won 35 prestigious International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 Innovation Awards, given by the Consumer Technology Association™.
The awards, which bring the company’s 11-year total to nearly 350, highlight Samsung’s long history of achievements in developing groundbreaking technology. Products entered in the Innovation Awards program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding engineering and design in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 28 categories.
“At Samsung, we are constantly working to improve with each product we make,” said Gregory Lee, president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America. “We are honored that CTA and the industry have recognized our ongoing commitment to innovation in many areas, and we look forward to showcasing our latest offerings at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show.”
Samsung’s award-winning products includes one best of innovation award and one eco-design award, and spans many categories ranging from TV, Mobile and Home Appliances to Memory, Wearables and Computer Technology. Several of Samsung’s industry recognized products will be on display at CES 2017, which takes place January 5-8, 2017, in Samsung’s booth (#15006), in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. Additionally, a few of the products will be showcased at Samsung’s CES press conference which will take place on Wednesday January 4, 2017 at 2 p.m. PT.
Following are details on some of Samsung’s award-winning products:
- Gear S3 – Inspired by traditional timepieces and the art of watchmaking, the Gear S3 smartwatch fuses timeless design with the latest in mobile technology, including LTE and Bluetooth connectivity, Samsung Pay, IP68 water resistance and built-in GPS.1
- ArtPC Pulse – Samsung ArtPC Pulse is a stunning, powerful modular desktop PC that consumers can customize through a unique pulse lighting feature, as well as modules that expand and personalize the computing experience to meet user needs and preferences.
- Samsung Gear VR – The Samsung Gear VR, powered by Oculus, continues to be the most enjoyable and comfortable mobile VR experience available. With the Samsung Gear VR, consumers can play amazing games, watch Hollywood’s best movies in their own private cinema, socialize with friends new and old, be at the center of a suspense thriller and so much more. The Gear VR drops users right into the action.2
- Samsung Gear 360 – The Samsung Gear 360 is a powerful high-resolution 360-degree camera that lets users capture 360 videos and images, in a format that up until now was out of reach for many consumers and businesses. Creating immersive content of key moments has never looked better and been easier to capture.
- Samsung 960 PRO SSD 2TB – The Samsung SSD 960 PRO 2TB is both the highest performing and highest capacity NVMe-based consumer SSD in the M.2 form factor with V-NAND technology that Samsung has released to date. With the 960 PRO, professionals will stay ahead when it comes to storage endurance, reliability and density than ever before. Using a smaller form factor fit for ultra-thin laptops and PCs, users can take their files with them – and access them at rapid speeds – on the go. With the ability to survive up to 1.2 petabytes written, no other SSD on the market today can compete with the endurance provided by the 960 PRO.
- Samsung 850 PRO SSD 4TB – As the world’s first 2-bit MLC 4TB consumer SSD, the 850 PRO is ideal for dramatically boosting PC performance. With an industry leading 4TB capacity, users have more space than ever before to store files locally. In particular, high data consumption users such as content creators, gaming and PC enthusiasts can upgrade their laptops and workstations from a hard disk drive to the 850 PRO SSD 4TB to surpass density limitations, reduce power consumption, better support heavy write-intensive applications, and improve PC and program load times.
- Samsung PM971 512GB BGA NVMe SSD – Designed for use in ultra-slim PCs, the ball-grid-array PM971 solid state drive weighs less than half a penny and is about the size of a postage stamp. Its incredible sequential performance enables the transfer of a 5GB-equivalent full HD movie in about 3 seconds, and full download in about 6 seconds. The PM971 is 15 times as fast as typical hard disk drives. Furthermore, the industry’s first BGA NVMe SSD triples the performance of a typical SATA SSD, within the industry’s smallest storage dimensions, with capacity reaching up to 512GB per drive.
- 1 Dust and water resistant based on IP68 rating, which tests submersion up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes. Make up to five payments on your Gear S3 without a Galaxy smartphone nearby after initial setup. Reload payment capability by connecting to a Galaxy smartphone via Bluetooth. Only compatible with select cards, carriers and Samsung devices; see the Samsung Pay Support page. Samsung Pay on Gear S3 does not support certain features found on Galaxy phones such as membership, gift cards and offers and deals. Samsung Pay on Gear S3 is compatible with non-Samsung Android phones, offering Gear S3 users a way to try Samsung Pay. Samsung Gear S3 (frontier/4G LTE) is a companion device for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Initial pairing with compatible phone and separate qualifying wireless plan required. Standalone functionality is limited if paired phone is not powered on or connected to a wireless network. Network coverage not available everywhere. Consult carrier for details. LTE not available in all models. Portion of memory occupied by existing content
- 2 Gear VR is compatible with Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.