Samsung Electronics showcases the ‘GM85’, a premium mobile digital radiography(DR) system at the 19th World Congress of International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT), being held in Seoul from October 20 to 22. The new Samsung GM85 provides exceptional mobility, enhanced user-convenience and a high image quality to meet the demands of today’s radiographers and radiologists.
“We are excited to introduce the new mobile digital X-ray at the ISRRT, being held first-ever here in Korea. Driven by Samsung’s relentless spirit of innovation the GM85’s enhanced mobility and streamlined workflow will enable users to experience a new level of efficiency with a mobile DR system without jeopardizing image quality”, said Dongsoo Jun, President of Health & Medical Equipment Business at Samsung Electronics. “Leveraging Samsung’s deep expertise in user-friendly functions and advanced imaging technology, Samsung will take the lead in providing a spectrum of diagnostic and patient-centric tools to meet the various needs of both care provider and patient.”
The key features of the GM85 include:
Easy Navigating with Compact Design
- Ultra-compact Design — With 555mm narrow width and 349kg light-weight, it allows easy access around tight spaces, even in elevators.
- Collapsible Column — Gives users clear visibility when moving the system and helps access anywhere easily.
- Adoptive Soft Driving Control & Front Bumper Sensor — Offer safe navigation and an ultimate driving experience.
Optimized Workflow with Enhanced Usability
- SID (Source to Image Distance) Guide — Supports detailed device positioning with multiple SID settings.
- S-Align — Displays the detector’s angle to the THU (Tube Head Unit) for precise alignment to enhance image quality.
- Quick-Positioning — Allows handle-free, precise body movement by simple button clicks on the THU and optimizes workflow, enabling users to save time.
- Quick Charging & Long-lasting Battery — Improve work efficiency by powering up to 100% in only two to four hours and going on for all day.
Advanced Imaging technology for Superior Image Quality
- S-Vue — The advanced imaging engine enhances image sharpness and clarity.
- SimGrid — Provides high-quality images without using a conventional grid by reducing scatter radiation effects. Also, radiographers can lower retake rates as it eliminates alignment errors that often occur with a conventional grid.
- Tube and Line Enhancement — Brings improved clarity of the tube and line in chest images through single on-screen click.
Samsung is displaying the GM85 at the three-day congress offering visitors a hands-on experience and hosting a symposium delivering the usability of GM85.
The GM85 will be available in Korea at the end of October and will launch globally according to each country’s regulatory schedule.
For more information on Samsung’s global medical equipment business, please visit, www.samsungmedicalsolution.com.