- New connectivity capabilities and enhanced customization features further integrate radiology data to mitigate radiation risk for patients and staff
- Expanded integration with Philips IntelliBridge Enterprise and IntelliSpace PACS technology improves patient information access, streamlines workflow and enables enhanced interoperability throughout the hospital IT network
Amsterdam, the Netherlands – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today introduced DoseWise Portal 2.2 , a next generation radiation dose management software platform for healthcare providers to record, track and analyze radiation exposure to patients and clinicians. The latest version of DoseWise Portal includes enhanced connectivity and informatics capabilities to address key challenges faced by radiology departments, such as managing dose exposure to ensure patient and staff wellbeing and improving integrated access to patient information to deliver data-driven decision support. Radiation dose management and safety are growing concerns as clinicians and health systems comply with new Joint Commission standards related to CT imaging protocols and dose optimization. Additionally, the new Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) payment program, MACRA, includes dose management-related requirements clinicians must follow for more accurate and complete reimbursement.
At this year’s Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting, Philips will demonstrate DoseWise Portal 2.2, highlighting its new capabilities, including integration with Philips IntelliBridge Enterprise for HL7 functionality and IntelliSpace PACS. Collectively, these new features enable clinicians to access more patient information, helping them to more easily interpret patient radiation dose per exam across modalities and analyze overall cumulative exposure.
Philips DoseWise Portal 2.2 integrates with key Philips health IT systems as well as third-party radiology dictation software to provide radiologists with greater patient information access and data capture for more informed decision support about dose management. DoseWise Portal 2.2 is now integrated with:
- IntelliSpace PACS – Users may view the patient’s exam radiation exposure directly from the PACS image, or by retrieving the patient’s total radiation exposure exam history from the modality worklist.
- IntelliBridge Enterprise – Allows users to query/retrieve crucial updated patient demographics from the hospital’s EMR, such as body mass index (BMI) weight and age, for use with the DoseWise Portal.
- Leading radiology dictation software – Enables patient radiation exposure to be populated into dictation reports, saving time and helping to reduce transcription errors.
“This next generation of DoseWise Portal provides clinicians with a full picture of the patient’s exposure history within that institution, for enhanced decision support to ensure proper dose optimization and justification for exam ordering is accomplished right the first time,” said Dominic Siewko, clinical marketing leader and former Radiation Safety Officer at Philips. “Philips is committed to providing industry-leading technology and informatics solutions for radiation dose management. The new features in DoseWise Portal promote a culture of safety in the radiology department while allowing clinicians to tap into deep analytics and actionable insights from radiation exposure data.”
New Integrations Enable Improved Decision-Support and Reporting
DoseWise 2.2 is a multi-vendor and multi-modality solution that collects patient radiation dose data from X-ray modalities and allows for enhanced customer data analysis. In addition to expanded integration with Philips IntelliSpace PACS, IntelliBridge Enterprise and vendor neutral third-party radiology dictation software, DoseWise Portal 2.2 also includes:
- Expanded connectivity to Philips DoseAware products – Compatibility with DoseAware and DoseAware Xtend combines patient and staff dose information into a single display for deep analytics of radiation exposure. The entire family of DoseAware products are now compatible with DoseWise Portal.
- Customized user-friendly Analytics Package – Intuitive user interface and enhanced “Chart Builder” charting and graphing functionality simplifies reporting needs and includes a customizable dashboard and popular reporting formats.
Philips is showcasing DoseWise Portal 2.2 at RSNA 2016 at booth #6735 in Hall B at McCormick Place. Follow @PhilipsLiveFrom for updates throughout the event, or visit Philips’ RSNA event website for more information about Philips’ presence at #RSNA16.
To learn more about Philips’ DoseWise Portal 2.2 and the full suite of Philips’ dose management solutions, please visit http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/product/HC895001.
Ahead of RSNA 2016, join the @PhilipsHealth #RadChat16 Twitter Chat on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 2:00PM CET/8:00AM ET to discuss radiation dose management and the imminent EU guidelines requiring hospitals to better track and record staff radiation exposure. Ronald Tabaksblat (SVP, Image Guided Therapy) and Dominic Siewko (Clinical Marketing Leader and former Radiation Safety Officer at Philips) will be available to answer questions and share insights.
 Product in research phase of development