New Balance RunIQ Engineered by Intel Delivers Amazing Experiences and Performance Tracking for Runners
Today, Intel and New Balance are excited to announce the launch of New Balance RunIQ with Intel Inside®. Made for runners, by runners, the smartwatch is designed to power a full range of features that help athletes take performance to the next level with the ability to run, track, and listen untethered. Priced at $299.99, RunIQ is available for pre-order starting Jan. 5, 2017, at NewBalance.com and will be available worldwide at New Balance Stores, NewBalance.com, and other select retailers starting Feb. 1, 2017.
Engineered by Intel to deliver enhanced design and functionality, RunIQ is the perfect combination of a runner’s smartwatch and everyday accessory so that you can wear it for the full day. Key features include:
- Sync with STRAVA – Enables runners to connect and share workouts with a global community of athletes without a smartphone through built-in capability.
- Bring the Music – Sync, store and listen to playlists downloaded from Google Play Music.
- Map Every Workout – Track course, pace and distance with built-in GPS.
- Track Heart Rate – Monitor heart rate in real time and stay in the target zone.
- Keep the Pace – Track run time and intervals with a dedicated one-tap LAP button.
- Marathon Battery Life – 24 hours of battery life with typical use or up to 5 hours of continuous life with GPS and heart rate monitoring.
- Stay Connected – Get smartphone notifications and reply on-the-go when connected to a smartphone or Wi-Fi network.
New Balance RunIQ is based on the Intel® Atom™ processor Z34XX, runs the Android Wear platform and comes equipped with:
- 1.39” AMOLED screen
- 512 MB of DRAM and 4 GB of memory
- GPS, optical heart rate monitoring (OHRM), accelerometer and gyroscope
- Availability in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Korean and Japanese
From professional athletes to everyday consumers, Intel technology is reinventing the boundaries of computing to evolve the way people get fit, stay active and improve their personal performance. Though partnerships with industry leaders and experts, Intel is creating smart and connected products that allow partners to put design and function first to improve everyday experiences.