we announced the first Tango-enabled phone with Lenovo, the Phab 2 Pro. The Phab 2 Pro utilizes Tango technology to give apps new augmented reality capabilities.
Over the last few months, we have worked closely with app developers to create a wide variety of smartphone based augmented reality apps. Our app incubator program supported a wide range of developers — from Crayola Color Blaster to Ghostly Mansions — to create new ways to do more, play more and explore more with your phone. You can experience these apps today with the Phab 2 Pro, available now on Lenovo.com.
Once you have your phone, just open the Tango app or Google Play to see all the Tango apps available for you to explore. Here are some of the experiences you can have with your Tango-enabled device:
- Measure anything in your home from your door frame to your desk with Measure.
- Visualize how furniture and appliances will look in your home with WayfairView, Lowe’s Vision, Homestyler Interior Design, and iStaging.
- Play dominoes anywhere without having to pack up the tiles later, with Domino World.
- Paint and draw on all the surfaces of your home with Crayola Color Blaster.
- Sling projectiles to battle a terrible dragon with Slingshot Island.
- Play with virtual pets with Raise.
- Learn about things that are hard to see with Solar Simulator and Dinosaurs Among Us.
- Build new digital worlds with Woorld and Towers for Tango.
- Race on your own personal race tracks with Hot Wheel’s Track Builder, Wild Wild Race and Car Racing.
- Customize your videos with exciting 3D filters with Spectra.
We see the potential for Tango technologies to be in every smartphone in the future. In the same way you wouldn’t consider buying a phone today without a camera or GPS, Tango will be a ubiquitous capability to help your phone better understand space and the world around you. There will be more Tango-enabled phones coming in the new year and we can’t wait for you to explore, learn and play.