Open a New Chapter in Tech Innovation at CES 2017
Fourth annual Gary’s Book Club features insightful on-site author interviews and book signings
Arlington, VA – 12/19/2016 –
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ today announced that the fourth annual Gary’s Book Club will feature eleven celebrated authors engaging in one-on-one interviews on the CES® 2017 CTA Center Stage in the LVCC Grand Lobby. Sponsored by Barnes & Noble, Gary’s Book Club provides CES attendees the opportunity to meet the authors, purchase books and have them signed.
“For 50 years, CES has served as a celebration of the visionary minds growing the consumer technology industry” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, Consumer Technology Association. “The accomplished authors included in this year’s Book Club are the epitome of what this innovative industry represents beyond the show floor. The extensive research, thoughtful insights and powerful storytelling in their work proves how the products and ideas that come to life at CES continue to touch our lives, establish a blueprint for creative leadership, and change our world for the better.”
The CES 2017 Gary’s Book Club author lineup includes:
- Dan Ackerman, The Tetris Effect: The Game That Hypnotized the World
- Thursday, January 5: Interview – 2 PM, Book Signing – 2:30 PM
- Frank Aycock, Ph.D, 21st Century Television: The Players, the Viewers, the Money
- Saturday, January 7: Interview – 1 PM, Book Signing – 1:30 PM
- Rohit Bhargava, Non-Obvious: How to Think Different, Curate Ideas & Predict the Future
- Saturday, January 7: Interview – 11 AM, Book Signing – 11:30 AM
- Darrell Issa, Watchdog: The Real Stories Behind the Headlines from the Congressman Who Exposed Washington’s Biggest Scandals
- Saturday, January 7: Interview – Noon, Book Signing – 12:30 PM
- John Johnson, Ph.D, EVERYDATA: The Misinformation Hidden in the Little Data You Consume Every Day
- Friday, January 6: Interview – 1 PM, Book Signing – 1:30 PM
- Jason Kelly, Sweat Equity: Inside the New Economy of Mind and Body
- Thursday, January 5: Interview – 11 AM, Book Signing – 11:30 AM
- Brett King, Augmented: Life in the Smart Lane
- Friday, January 6: Interview – 3:30 PM, Book Signing – 4 PM
- Seth Shapiro, Television: Innovation, Disruption, and the World’s Most Powerful Medium: Volume 1
- Thursday, January 6: Interview – 11 AM, Book Signing – 11:30 AM
- Michael Smith, Streaming, Sharing, Stealing: Big Data and the Future of Entertainment
- Friday, January 6: Interview – 2 PM, Book Signing – 2:30 PM
- Rick Smith, The Great Disruption: Competing and Surviving in the Second Wave of the Industrial Revolution
- Thursday, January 5: Interview – 3:30 PM, Book Signing – 4 PM
- Amy Webb, The Signals are Talking: Why Today’s Fringe Is Tomorrow’s Mainstream
- Saturday, January 7: Interview – 2 PM, Book Signing – 2:30 PM
Learn more about Gary’s Book Club authors on CES.tech.
Owned and produced by CTA, CES will run January 5-8, 2017 in Las Vegas, NV and feature more than 3,800 exhibitors unveiling the latest consumer technology products and services. Visit CES.tech for more information.
Note to Editors: The official name of the global technology event is “CES®.” Please do not use “Consumer Electronics Show” or “International CES” to refer to the event.