- Intel announced a three-year partnership with MLB to deliver live and on-demand virtual reality experiences to baseball fans starting with the 2017 MLB regular season.
- “Intel True VR Game of the Week” enables fans to personalize their VR experience with multiple camera angles, post-game highlights, on-demand content and statistics.
- Intel’s virtual reality MLB content will be available for free via the Intel True VR app this year.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 1, 2017 – Intel Corporation announced a three-year partnership with Major League Baseball (MLB) to bring virtual reality experiences to baseball fans with Intel® True VR. Starting June 6, Intel will livestream one weekly, out-of-market game every Tuesday via the Intel True VR app, in addition to featuring post-game highlights and on-demand replays of each game.
The live “Intel True VR Game of the Week” experience uses an array of 4K-resolution cameras to bring fans closer to the action with the ability for users to control their vantage point by selecting from up to four camera angles per game or a produced VR broadcast experience. Fans will also have access to up-to-the-moment player and team statistics throughout the game, including pitcher and batter data, and will hear exclusive in-app commentary.
Fact Sheet:Intel Survey Reveals Major League Baseball Fans Want More VR
Press Kit:The Digitization of Sports
“As a VR partner of MLB, Intel is delivering a truly immersive virtual reality livestream where fans can experience the excitement of being at the ballpark every week,” said James Carwana, general manager, Intel Sports Group. “The addition of live stats to the Intel True VR weekly games is another example of how we’re giving fans more control to personalize their baseball experience.”
“We are excited to bring the Intel True VR experience to fans around the country every week,” said Kenny Gersh, EVP, Business, MLBAM. “Our partnership with Intel will keep MLB at the forefront of technological innovation for our fans, bringing them closer to the action.”
The “Intel True VR Game of the Week” experience will be available free of charge through the Intel True VR app using a Samsung* Gear VR headset. Download the Intel True VR app on the Oculus store. Fans will able to access the Intel True VR experience for the following games in June 2017:
- Cleveland Indians vs. Colorado Rockies on June 6 at 8:40 p.m. ET / 5:40 p.m. PT
- Kansas City Royals vs. San Francisco Giants on June 13 at 10:15 p.m. ET / 7:15 p.m. PT
- Detroit Tigers vs. Seattle Mariners on June 20 at 10:10 p.m. ET / 7:10 p.m. PT
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks on June 27 at 9:40 p.m. ET / 6:40 p.m. PT
For details and updated scheduling for the “Intel True VR Game of the Week,” visit “Introducing Intel True VR” on Intel.com. To learn more about Intel in sports, visit The Digitization of Sports press kit.