European Cybersecurity Forum – CYBERSEC is the first conference of its kind in Poland and one of just a few regular public policy conferences devoted to the strategic issues of cyberspace and cybersecurity in Europe.
CYBERSEC’s mission is to foster the building of a Europe-wide cybsersecurity system. Its goal is to create a dedicated collaborative platform for governments, international organisations, and key private-sector organisations.
The result of the annual CYBERSEC conference is the creation of practical recommendations that increase resilience to cyberthreats, at both micro and macro levels (specific economic sectors, countries, EU as a whole).
Among this year’s CYBERSEC speakers are:
- Sir Julian King – European Commissioner for the Security Union
- Michael Chertoff – Co-founder and Executive Chairman of the Chertoff Group, Former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security
- Ambassador Sorin Ducaru – Assistant of the NATO Secretary General of Emerging Security Challenges Division
- Christopher Painter – Coordinator for Cyber Issues, U.S. State Department
- Karsten Geier – Head of the Cyber Policy Coordination Staff at the Federal Foreign Office – Germany
- Joel Brenner – Senior Research Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Former Inspector General at the National Security Agency – USA
- Melissa Hathaway – President of Hathaway Global Strategies, LLC and a Senior Advisor at Harvard Kennedy School’s Belfer Center, Former Cybresecurity Advisor in George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations, Expert of the Kosciuszko Institute
- Ambassador Marina Kaljurand – Chair of the Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs – Estonia
- Martin Libicki – Adjunct Management Scientist at the RAND Corporation, Professor at the Pardee RAND Graduate School, Distinguished Visiting Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy
- Sean Kanuck – Professional Attorney and Strategic Consultant at the Stanford University’s Center for International Security and Cooperation, Former First U.S. National Intelligence Officer for Cyber Issues
CYBERSEC 2016 gathered 700 participants from around the world, including political decision-makers, diplomats, experts, business leaders and academic researchers. Moreover, CYBERSEC 2015 was recognized as one of Europe’s top 5 cybersecurity conferences. The success of CYBERSEC has confirmed the need for creating an innovative platform, carefully designed to facilitate the development of strategic concepts and ground-breaking cybersecurity solutions.
More information and tickets: http://cybersecforum.eu/
Attendees representing Public Administration/Uniformed Services, Research Fellows/NGOs/
SMEs Malopolska and Startup ICT/Investor ARE EXEMPT FROM THE CONFERENCE FEE.