At Google, we have a rich history of exploring the furthest reaches of what machine learning can do to help increase access to information and improve our daily lives. For more than a decade, we’ve driven machine learning research that powers many of Google’s systems and products. Today, Google Cloud users across industries — from financial services and healthcare to retail, web services and media and entertainment — now have mightier machine learning models at their disposal through our growing number of intelligent apps and cloud services.
We’ve recently announced several machine learning updates across our public cloud and productivity services. Here’s a rundown of the latest products and features that can help fuel business intelligence, operational efficiency, productivity and collaboration.
- Maximize recruitment efforts: The new Cloud Jobs API uses machine learning to help companies hire great talent. By understanding the nuances behind job titles, descriptions, skills and preferences, the API matches job seeker preferences with relevant listings. Learn how it works.
- Analyze images faster, for less: We’ve improved performance and efficiency of our Vision API by taking advantage of Google’s custom TPUs, resulting in an ~80% price reduction for large-scale deployments.
- Translate long-form docs: For users that need long-form translation services, a new premium edition of Cloud Translation API uses a model tailored to increase accuracy on several major language pairs. This tool is built for particular business use cases, such as translating long-form emails and documents. We’ve also reduced the price of the standard edition for higher usage volumes.
- Better understand text structure and sentiment and turn questions into formulas: With Explore, Natural Language Processing translates questions into useful formulas and offers up instant answers in Google Sheets. And the new Cloud Natural Language API, now generally available, does a better job than ever before at identifying names of people, companies and locations in text. It also now offers improved sentiment identification and syntax analysis. Learn more.
- Supercharge cloud computation for complex jobs: With hundreds of times as many computational cores as Central Processing Units (CPUs), Graphical Processing Units (GPUs) are great for medical analysis, financial calculations, seismic/subsurface exploration, machine learning, video rendering, transcoding, scientific simulations and more. We’ll offer GPUs in early 2017 to Google Compute Engine and Google Cloud Machine Learning users.
- Find stored files on mobile nearly 50% faster: Customers can now use Quick Access in Google Drive on their Android devices to easily and instantly access files that they need. Machine intelligence works behind the scenes to understand individual user needs based on interaction with colleagues, recurring meetings and Drive activity.
- Use smart scheduling to save time: Our G Suite customers now spend less time finding the right time to meet. They can now schedule a time and book rooms with machine assistance that includes room suggestions based on previous bookings and time suggestions that account for conflicts easiest to resolve, such as recurring 1:1 meetings.
- Tap the power of Google Search to strengthen Docs content: Explore in Google Docs taps into Google’s search engine and machine intelligence to add suggestions based on content within documents. It recommends related topics, images and more for web and mobile docs creation.
Format presentations faster: Explore in Google Slides adds ease and speed to creating the most presentable presentations, with design suggestions based on slide content. Recommendations are easy to apply — customers click to add new designs, no cropping, resizing or reformatting required.